Friday, February 22, 2013

February 22

Today I headed out running with my favorite running partners, my brother Ryan, my husband Jeramiah, and my sister-in-law Laura met us toward the end of the run. We went 20 miles, running the back half of the St. George Ironman running course.  We've spent the last 6 weeks running the Red Hills Parkway and I feel like we're really getting to know it well. Our run was basically uphill for the first 7 miles then we ran downhill for the next 4 or 5. Once we hit the trail, we were pretty flat until about 16 1/2 miles in. The next mile and a half was uphill with no shoulder and no sidewalk. That's one place I try to avoid because it's not runneer friendly. It was a gorgeous day and we had fun. About 11 miles in, I realized I didn't eat enough food yesterday and my body started protesting. I didn't think that one through very well. I know better than that. Hydration and nutrition are so important the day before a long run. Fortunately, we were close to a convenient store and we shared a small bag of Cheetos. Yum!  There is a place for junkfood!  Once the snack hit my system, I felt so much better.

Thanks for checking in with me today. I'll check in again soon. Have a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment