Monday, March 18, 2013

I'm not setting a good example, but here's 26, kind of

So this past weekend the plan was to go 26 miles. My kids had been on Spring Break last week so we went to Vegas on Thursday and stayed the night. My brother had to go back to work on Saturday so we decided to run our 26 miler when we got home on Friday evening. First of all I should mention that no matter what, I lose most if not all motivation as the day wears on. By the time we got home and ready to go, my husband and brother really didn't want to go anymore. We decided to run a quick 7 miler and my husband and I would finish the run up in the morning. The late night in Vegas really did us in because we woke up at 8:00 and didn't get out the door until after 9:00. Thankfully, we had cloud cover most of the run so even though it was warm, we weren't frying. By the time we got to the end of our run, I could tell that we had gone 26 miles in the last 16 hours.

Once again, I do not recommend getting your miles in this way but it does work. Next week (peak week!) we are going 28 miles, no matter what, not broken up!  Sometimes life just gets in the way. We are hoping to go on Friday since we have soccer games and dance competitions on Saturday. Even if Friday doesn't work out, we will go on Saturday, even if it means going at zero dark thirty.

I really should apologize for my terrible example of how to train for an ultramarathon. I normally am so diligent in and dedicated in my training but this time I have two other schedules to accomodate. Here's to doing better for my next race!

Thanks for checking in with my craziness and please check back again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment