Monday, March 11, 2013

These are a few of my favorite things

Almost two years ago, after doing some research, I decided to change my gait. That is a story I will save for another time but after changing my gait, I found an interesting shoe. They had no drop from heel to midsole. I will admit that, initially, I thought they were an ugly shoe. The brand name is Altra.   Altra's toe box is more square shaped. I looked at my own foot and realized this shape actually makes sense since that is how the human foot is shaped. I tried the Altra Intuition on in my local shoe store. I kind of liked it. It was different but in a good way. I purchased the shoe and on my first run in them, I fell in love. Up until that point, I hadn't felt like I had found "my" shoe. Ever since I started running, I have dealt with blisters on long runs. I just accepted that blisters were part of being an endurance runner. That stopped when I started running in Altras. I just don't get blisters anymore.

Interestingly, most running shoes have a "life" of between 350 and 500 miles. I hit 500 miles on my Altras and decided to see just how far they would go. On my 22 mile run, I turned over more than 1000 road running miles. I have worn them down on the outside to the midsole but those shoes just kept going and I love them.

Altra has a full running shoe line from their Adam/Eve minimalist shoe to their Lone Peak trail shoe to their Torin max cushion sole shoe. For what it's worth, I am not a paid endorser of Altra brand shoes. I just simply love their shoes and feel like it's a great brand. Check out Altras at www.altrazerodrop.com.

Thanks for checking back in with me and I hope you'll check back in again soon. Have a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment