Monday, June 10, 2013

50 miles? Ready, set, . . .STOP!

So you may be wondering, maybe not, how our 50 mile run went. The short answer, it didn't. Our last training runs I think I told you about them. Ryan was sick so we didn't go as far. By the next day, my brother's knee was bothering him. He knows everything about evereything so when he wasn't sore the  first day but really sore the next, he started worrying. After some at home testing, he started thinking that his original idea that he injured a ligament may have been wrong and that he was healing. We postponed the run for about a week and a half. After some rough days at work, my brother decided it was time to see a doctor. Last week he saw one and he told my brother he is pretty sure he tore his miniscus. That means surgery. They've ordered an MRI but we know that's what it is. I won't go 50 by myself unless it's in a race. It's just too far to go alone. So, needless to say, the 50 is off. I can't figure any way to do it. That really frustrates me but it is the way it is. 

I ought to add here that we have purchased a new home and sold our home so I have been busy trying to get ready for the move. That's the reason I haven't recently posted and will probably be sporadic over the next few weeks. I promise that once we get settled I will be better about posting. I'll write about when we pushed my mom in the marathon and my son's first half marathon. 

I hope everything is going well for everyone out there. Thanks for checking in with me and come back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment