Tuesday, April 23, 2013

How did I miss making this announcement?!

Back in February I tested through AAFA to be a group fitness instructor. I only had about 2 1/2 weeks to read through all the material and to prepare so I was initially really nervous. I even considered not going to the test because I just wasn't sure if I could do it. By the time the workshop started, I found my confidence. I knew this stuff and I knew I could do it. But the time the testing rolled around, I was so ready for it. I left the workshop knowing that I had passed the test and I was ready to move forward. AFAA says it takes 4-6 weeks to receive test results. It took 7 1/2 weeks for me to get mine back. By then I had lost some motivation but was thrilled that I am now legal to teach group fitness classes. I really want to teach indoor cycling and maybe yoga. I wouldn't mind a bootcamp class either.

I'm not really sure what I want to do. My passion is running. I know I can get anyone to a finish line. I would love to be a running coach. I think I'm going to try my hand at being a pacer for marathons and half marathons. Helping people accomplish their goals is somehting that would make me really happy.

Anyway, thanks for checking back in with me. Feel free to ask me any questions you may have. I will try to answer to the best of my ability. Have a great one and come back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment