Monday, April 1, 2013

One crazy week

So last week I'm out shopping and my husband calls me. He had earlier entered a contest to win a free entry to the Boston Marathon on Instagram. He was calling to tell me he had won the entry. Now, at this point I should probably tell you that I want to qualify for Boston. I haven't, as yet, done all that is required to qualify. I know I have a Boston qualifying time in me but I haven't made the commitment to do it yet. I don't know that I even really want to go to Boston. I just want the bragging rights to say that I did it. When my husband told me he won the entry, I was so jealous. He hadn't spent the last six years of his life becoming a runner like me. He has been a runner off and on but not consistently. We immediately went to work looking into the logistics of going to Boston. With four kids, the oldest only being 14, a trip to Boston was going to be hard. We were having a hard time finding flights that would work. I had all but written off me going. Enter my brother and sister-in-law. They wouldn't take no for an answer. They conspired with my husband and found another entry into the marathon. My sister-in-law even said she would take work off to watch my kids. So, one week later, we are going to Boston to run the marathon. Yes, I know the race is 2 weeks from today. Yes, i also know that it's 5 days before the 50K we've been training for. And in answer to your question, yes. We are doing both. Neither race is going to have the finish that I would really like but we will finish and earn both medals.

I guess I'm nothing if not flexible. It will be an adventure and a nice getaway. Thanks for checking in with my crazy life and come back for a good laugh again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment